Friday, February 20, 2009

wppi


WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International):
*A convention and trade show for photographers that happens once a year.
*Held at the MGM in Vegas.
*A gathering for photographers all over the world to meet old and new friends.
*An opportunity to hear 'celebrities' in our industry talk about their journey and soak up their knowledge they are so willing to share.

Well, Vegas and WPPI have come and gone! What an amazing experience! Photographers from all over the world come to visit with each other and learn from one another. I was able to attend a few seminars from some amazing photographers from around the world that not only share their experiences and knowledge about their business, but also give some pretty motivating speeches that anyone (not just photographers) could learn from.

Here are a few shots I managed to get mostly with my PowerShot camera. I know its weird for me not to snap away at everything, but I seriously had to make myself to take the time to get my camera out and take these few pictures. There just wasn't enough time in the day (which makes me sad that I didn't get any pictures with some of the new friends that I made - and believe it or not, I sat next to a couple of Utahans during the opening show! I couldn't believe it! I mean, what are the chances out of thousands and thousands of photographers)!




I loved this sign, even though it was at the end of the longest hallway I have ever walked in my life. Seriously, this hallway that led to the convention / trade show was sooooo long that you never thought it was going to end!



Until next time....

2 comments:

Cindy Ardis said...

I guess you are some hot shot now, hanging with the big dogs. Seriously, it sounds like you are having fun and enjoying your new hobby/career. Looks pretty exciting.

Kerrie said...

I LOVE the b&w pic. It kind of makes it look like you went to Paris.