Sunday, January 2, 2011

TO THE NEW YEAR!

With each new year that begins, we all, in our own way, re-evaluate our lives and the goals we have set for ourselves.  This is the case for me as well.  Lots of goals have been made for 2011 and I, for one, can not wait to see my goals achieved throughout this new year.  And yes, I say goals as opposed to resolutions.  The dictionary defines a resolution as "finding a solution to a problem" and it defines a goal as "a successful attempt at scoring".  Scoring!  Yes, as in football or basketball or any sport, for that matter.  And if you know me, you know I LOVE sports.  I guess growing up with my dad and 4 brothers around me has made me a little competitive and 'goal' oriented.  ;)  Yep, I don't like to lose.  I like to win, or score, if you will.  So needless to say, goals, no matter how big or small, seem to have a more positive ring to it for me.  So no resolutions for me this year.  And what a great time of the year to reflect on the past and prepare for the future.  Successfully achieving my small goals in order to reach my HUGE goals bring such a sense of accomplishment and positiveness to the whole process.  And I have full intentions of celebrating each small achievement along the way!  Whether it be by a hi-five or a Pepsi, it will be a celebration of sorts. ;)  And, seriously, no resolution or goal can be too small.  If it matters to me and will help me to become a better individual in the process, then it matters.

With that being said, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret:  One of my goals this year is to BLOG more!  I know that I have neglected the blog, once again, and I'm sorry, once again.  But I plan to blog, blog, blog, and then blog some more.  As a matter of fact, I have so many things to blog about...yes, I am THAT behind...that I may seem a little scattered in the next few weeks.  But I have full intentions of catching up...no matter how long it takes.  ;)

And I always say, that a post is better with a photo, so here is one of my favorite images that I have taken this past Christmas season here in New Orleans.

"Christmas on Canal St."

So, here's to the New Year!!  May all of you have happiness and success.  And enjoy every minute of it!

2 comments:

Sojers said...

Another great blog Amee. I will now have goals as I have never believed in resolutions. And I look forward to more of your great outlooks aka blogs and of course your photography. Thanks again Amee.

Rog Sorensen

Mary said...

Awesome post Amee! I look forward to your celebrations! Thank you for your inspiration.