Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SUNDANCE 2010 & NFC CHAMPS


The Sundance Film Festival. Was. Amazing.
Park City. Was. Amazing.
The People. Were. Amazing.

And I loved every minute of it. Even though I didn't get to see any movies. I know. The whole point of Sundance. But I did get to meet some pretty cool, amazing, beautiful, and inspiring people. Even though I didn't get to see their movies, I had a chance to photograph some of them in my studio I set up right here on Main St. So needless to say we were pretty busy all day for about 3-4 days straight...between that and all the events we attended every night. So busy that the first time we got a chance to eat was about 8:30pm every night (in-between shooting in the studio and hitting up the next event/party). I even missed some of the first part of the NFC Championship game, which my Saints won!! No worries. I got to finish watching the game in a restaurant on Main and made some new friends... Pretty much when Hartley kicked the winning field goal, I stood up so fast and proceeded to hi-five, I think, the whole restaurant. ;) And later that night I was hearing chants of 'Who Dat' outside on Main St...I had to take a second to remember where I was. So, yes Who Dat Nation, we were representin'. In Park City. Booya!
Well, back to Sundance...
I was working with Synergy Sound and Design and The Alive Expo Green Pavillion during Sundance. My studio was helping taking photos of celebrities who wanted to be a part of Project Green. A book coming out in the next year or two to talk about how certain celebrities are living green, their thoughts on living green, or anything they are doing to promote living green. I am so happy to be a part of this project. I can't wait to share photos of some of the people I was able to meet and talk with. But for now I wanted to share a few images that I captured while walking around freezing the last night we were there. I wanted to be a 'civilian' or a 'tourist' for a few minutes and take some photos of what Sundance looks like in Park City.


Did I mention that it snowed the first two days. Constantly. But it was so beautiful. I felt like I was living in a snow globe. Seriously.




Plenty of people were taking advantage of the slopes and all the snow Park City just received. I had an awesome view from Main St. (in my studio) of the skiers coming down the mountain. I felt like I was in a movie of my own. ;)


Park City's - Main St. - Street Car...

4 comments:

The Amayesings said...

I've been wondering if you had a good time. Those pics are AWESOME!! Can't wait to see the book on living green--at least YOUR photos anyway. Glad it was fun for you.

Cindy Ardis said...

Wow that's exciting. Can't wait to hear about some the famous people you met. I have never been to Park City. Looks amazing. Thanks for the post!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Im so excited for you and these new opportunities. You have a true gift. Those celebs were lucky to have met you! Gorgeous picts. love.

Michelle said...

I've been waiting to see your new pics and you did not disappoint me at all...I LOVE YOUR PICS!! So cool and always have that "WOW" factor!

AND the SAINTS were amazing!! So glad you got to see the winning filed goal...keep representin'!! I have a really cool Saints necklace to send to you that a friend of a friend made. I got one and then I ordered 2 more, one for you and one for Jewel! Where will you watch the Superbowl?

Michelle
p.s. did you get to see my pics under "Defending the Dome"?