Saturday, July 26, 2008

flying high!


Went to the 'point of the mountain' to see the hang-gliders and para-gliders.  They say this is one of the best spots in the country for the sport.  There happened to be an instructor up there and invited us to go up with him sometime - but, I'm just not sure!  We'll see.  :)  
It was fun to watch though!  There was a mountain right behind us and we were watching about 6 para-gliders up there.  I noticed one making some fun, crazy moves and I said, "I think he just hit the mountain!"  Well, we were watching them come in and land and one guy starting talking to us and asked if we saw him get beat up by the mountain!  I said, "That was you!"  He looked pretty worn out.  I noticed his shoulder and back where he had collided with the mountain!  I bet he was sore the next day!  When we were talking with the instructor, he mentioned that some travel miles and miles - I can't remember the exact number, but I do remember he mentioned Montana!  That's just crazy!  
Anyway, here are a few shots of them.

These two are trying to take off...  The red one finally got up there...

Just landed...

I just thought this was cool!  He's just chillin' watching the plane go by.

No comments: