Sunday, May 31, 2009

the cancienne's...


My cute niece, Kerrie, and her very cute family have been natives of New Orleans their whole lives.  But an opportunity has presented itself for them to relocate to Nebraska.  Yes....I said Nebraska!  Now I know, it's just a 'tad' different than New Orleans, but what a great new adventure for them to meet new friends and experience a whole new side of the country.  They might actually have to buy some coats!  ;)
Well, Kerrie called me the other day and asked if I wanted to go hang out with them at The Riverwalk and The Aquarium.  Of course I said yes!  Any chance to go downtown and hang out with family is always a good thing.  We had fun chasing kids around and seeing a few sites.  I brought my camera along, of course, to document the fun day.  Here are a few snapshots of them that I was able to capture while roaming about...

Here's little Miss Kaelyn who loves striking a pose for the camera...

The adorable Miss Morgan who is always so curious and always on the go...

The ohhh so cute baby Jackson...



Did I mention this little one was always on the go!  She couldn't sit still for anything!  But she's still the cutest thing ever!  I love this one of her trying to sneak away...


Aren't these kids soooo cute!!




Yep, we're playing around the railroad tracks!  (Don't tell mom!)  ;)


We headed over to The Aquarium for some more fun!




Now if any of you have ever gone to this aquarium and have never gotten your picture taken in this shark jaw, then there's something wrong with you!  ;)

I had to get one of the shark tank!

I mean seriously....do they really need all those teeth?!

I absolutely love these last two of Morgan!  She's such a little daddy's girl!  I love it!


Thanks Kerrie, Ryan, Kaelyn, Morgan, and Jackson for letting me tag along with ya'll for a few hours!  It was so fun!  Many prayers and wishes of good luck are coming your way from all of us on your new journey to the mid-west!


I love all of you so very much!

7 comments:

April Hardy said...

That looks like fun. Again your pictures are beautiful, we had a horrible experience with our photographer for Autumns 2 year photo shoot- wish you lived here to have helped us out. :) We had to recreate it and do it on our own. These pictures are awesome. Its great you could help capture soe of there last few days here.

The Amayesings said...

Cute family. Good luck to them.

Christy said...

Lucky Kerrie. Wish you could come hang out with us for a day and capture it on film.

Cindy Ardis said...

They are the lucky ones having you hang around with them taking pictures of their day in the city. Their kids are really cute.

Kerrie said...

Don't know how I missed this post! I love them! I knew you would get some great shots! Morgan was crazy! As soon as she hit the river walk, it was like she was thinking, "I'm free! I'm free!" Thank you for coming with us and with only a couple days notice! We love you!

Kerrie said...

I was showing Kaelyn the pictures and I showed her the first picture of her and she said, "I know. That's my new style." Crazy girl!

amee sorensen said...

LOL! Kerrie!! That's so funny about Kaelyn! "Her new style!" Huh! I love her! Ya'll are such an awesome family! Love you!