Sunday, June 7, 2009

who dat!!

I found out that the New Orleans Saints were having an open practice this past weekend open to the public. So I told my Dad about it and kinda made him go and sit in this nice southern heat with me. Practice started at 10:15 a.m., so we decided to go a little early....well, I thought we were going early! We got there around 9:30 a.m. and the place was packed!! I mean people already had filled up the bleachers and were standing, crowding around every corner! We got lucky though...we happened to find some space in the middle of the bleachers around the 30 yard line. They happen to be great seats for scoping out the talent on the football field.
The fans...the die hard fans, were dressed in anything Saints...jerseys, hats, shirts, black & gold something...you name it. Cheers and oooohhhhhs and names of players were some of the sounds of this over packed crowd!! And at one point, everyone started chanting Who dat...who dat...who dat say de gonna beat dem Saints...who dat!! People around us were checking out and whispering about who's who, from Skyler Green (LSU) to Robert Meachem to Drew Brees to Colston to Simoneau to Fujita to Henderson....well, you get the point! ;) It was so fun to see them practice and such. Here are a few photos I captured while there. Well, ya'll know how much I love football, so there might, just might be a few more than a few! Hope you don't mind! ;)




Coach Payton meeting up with Brees...

Shockey is one BIG boy!


Reggie Bush hanging out on the sidelines... (He didn't play around much.)



I didn't realize how big Colston was!


Offense...


Defense...


A little play action...





Scott Fujita warming up!

Tom Benson driving by Mardi Gras style in his golf cart... ;)






Sean Payton doing a little observing...



One of my favorites of Drew Brees!




Matt Simon...rookie out of Northern Illinois - WR.



Henderson just caught a pass...



Skyler Green catching one with Meachem and Harper looking on!



Meachem's turn...

The quarterbacks (in red, of course)...



Simon...



Fujita doing his thang!





Love this one!


Future player?!...


Many thanks to my Dad for sweatin' it out with me! ;)
Oh and I wanted to give a shout out to the Boyz for selling out the Superdome once again for this next season! Holla!

9 comments:

Kristine said...

I love how Benson rides around waving at people as though they were there to see him.

amee sorensen said...

LOL!! I know! I love it! He was riding around all over the place! It was quite entertaining!

Anonymous said...

I think that Benson should hire you as the Official Saints Photographer and pay you a million dollars a year! You are worth it gurl...
I esp love the Bush photo with the Mardi Gras umbrella! Great Shot. It could be on the cover of the Times Picayune!

Michelle said...

Amee, sorry my comment posted as "anonymous", I did not mean to do that! Michelle

jeff said...

These pictures are great. The second best NFL team is lucky to have you taking such great pictures of them!!!!!

amee sorensen said...

Ummmm.....the second best??!! LOL

Momma_S said...

I especially love the pictures of receivers doing their thang. Reminds me of a certain boy in India:-) There's one of the rookie, you can totally check ut his knee muscles. Cool, Shows what great shape they're in. You know my men would have LOVED to be there with ya'll. Great talent as always Amee!! Oh and you're right 12 boxes of cereal.WINNER!

Cindy Ardis said...

Fun Photos, I'll have to make sure Faren and Bryan see them.

The Amayesings said...

Man, when I was in high school I would have just gone NUTS to have the opportunity to hang out w/big strong f-ball players as they practiced!!! LOVE the pics and it vicariously makes one of my adolescent DREAMS COME TRUE!! Thanks!