Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BRIGHTON : SILVER LAKE


Brighton Ski Resort, just above Solitude Ski Resort, is absolutely beautiful!  Jeff, Vivian, Kyler, and I were all able to go up there and soak up some fresh mountain air.  I believe it reached up to the mid 50's!  Fresh mountain air on the cool side!  It was perfect.  We reached the cabin at Brighton and headed over to Silver Lake for a little hiking.  Dad, if you're reading this, there's lots of 'marsh' up there.  ;)  You were right.  There's marsh not only in the south, but you can also find it in the mountains.  This place is gorgeous with some amazing views.  There were people hiking, rock climbing, fishing, canoeing, and photographing.  ;)




Vivian and I had lots of fun with our cameras.  (See, this is proof that I'm not the only one with a camera in hand.)


Viv and Kyler...

Two thumbs up!  ;)





Having fun with our reflection.

Another reflection.  My version of 'Monet'.

I asked this kid who was fishing if I could take his picture.  He shrugged his shoulders and said Sure, I guess...  So I did.  And by the smile on his face, I think he thought it was actually kind of cool.








One of my favorites.


When it started to pour down rain, we took shelter under a tree.  Viv and I decided to have a little fun.




Jeff took this next shot.




L.o.v.e. the rainbow!  Couldn't ask for a better ending to an awesome day!  It was the 'cherry on top'.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks so beautiful up there! I love your pics of Vivian...she's turning out to be a real beauty!!
Michelle

April Hardy said...

I love the poncho in the ssecond to last shot. Kidding. I love all of them, obviously! I don't think I ever made it up there...it's beautiful!

Heather said...

I better not show Bryan these pictures - he is having TN Mountain withdrawal! LOVE the pictures. Beautiful as always, you just have this knack of capturing the moment. & I have to agree Vivian is a really pretty girl!
I love to read your blog because it seems like you are always going somewhere beautiful. I'm jealous!