Tuesday, October 7, 2008

i'm in nola!


I arrived in New Orleans on Sunday for the Image X Workshop! Some of the best of the best photographers in the world are here to give seminars and help us newcomers in the business learn and grow in our careers. What a great industry! It's almost like a big family in how photographers support and help bring each other up to the next level in their business. I will post more about that later, but I wanted to share a few photos of the view from my room. It's awesome! I'm sitting on my bed at the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel, in the French Quarter, watching the barges and ships go by on the Mississippi River. (I'm on the 6th floor, almost eye level with the ships. If you don't remember.......New Orleans is below sea level!) :)

I love the rainbow in this next shot...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i wish i was there. I didn't see the rainbow. I guess I am getting old. Hope all is well. Tell the family hello!!!

April Hardy said...

That's awesome! I want to go. Make sure to stop by Cafe Du Monde for me, and eat some beignets!! Or Come Back In and Short Stop for a po'boy.

Tanya said...

Dang I wish I was down there! Eat a big FAT roast Beef Po Boy for me!
The pictures are awesome!

April Hardy said...

Amee, you're pictures are amazing. You have a great eye for unique and interesting angles. That's why Staci is excited about you taking her wedding pictures. I loved all the pictures in mom's house, looked awesome. Cindy