Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"image x" in new orleans!

I wanted to share some pictures from the Image X Workshop I attended in New Orleans. It was so much fun and I met so many cool people!

This first picture is of the amazing Tamara Lackey (one of the photographers I went to see). She's from North Carolina.
While we were out shooting, this lizard decided to climb up her leg and ended up on her camera! She just let it sit there while she was taking pictures of the cute little models that were there. I sent this picture to her and she posted it on her blog! How cool was that! If you want, you can check out her blog here.

It was kind of hard to take pictures with so many other photographers there, but it was still pretty awesome! Here are some of our cute little models...



I love this shot! The photographer is Jessica Claire, who is one of the top ten wedding photographers in the world! It was so cool to learn and shoot with her!

Some of our other models...

While walking through the streets, we found this bike and decided to shoot a few pictures with it...









She's trying to stop the cab! I think the driver was a little confused!

I saw this and just had to take a picture of it. :) And if you know me, then you know that I couldn't pass this up!

Also, while shooting in the streets of the French Quarter, I saw this truck pass by and I left the group to take a picture of it. People were wondering what I was doing taking a picture of this. (Those same people don't know much about New Orleans french bread and PoBoys!) :) But, isn't it so cool!

We had our own little Mardi Gras Party that started off with the Second-Line....






Here I am with a couple of my new freinds. I am on the right, next to Tamara, and Mary is on the left of Tamara. Mary is from North Carolina too and she has the best southern accent! She's so fun and very talented!

Ok, not a good picture! I didn't take it -- obviously! :) But I had to put this one in of Jessica and me.

And here I am with Tamara again...
This experience was so awesome and worth it! It was so cool to meet other photographers who were either at the same level that I am right now trying to build my business or a little further ahead. And the best part was that it was in New Orleans where I'm from. So being able to see and spend time with my family topped it all off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, great, great pictures!!! Coming home soon I hope. I will call you or call me on my home phone, it will ring here. 494-1060 Love ya!

The Amayesings said...

Looks like you had a great time. Where's the pic of your new awesome jeans? I'll be watching for it.

Rebel said...

AMEE!!! I am SOO excited that you agreed to be my photographer! I wouldn't trust it to anyone else but you! You are so awesome! I don't know how to thank you enough! It'll be nice to know that at least one member of my extended family will be there. Thanks Beautiful!

amee sorensen said...

For Tia....keep checking back! :)

And for Staci....See you soon! I'm so excited for you! Thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding!! And thanks for choosing me to capture all the fun moments! :)