Wednesday, July 29, 2009

racing in the night


Tonight is one of those nights.  One of those nights where I toss and turn.  Can't sleep no matter how many times I close my eyes.  Yes, it's very frustrating.  But every time I close my eyes, it seems that another idea or thought pops in my head.  All that have to do with my life and where it is heading.  Now don't laugh 'cause I'm about to quote Collin Raye, a country singer.  I just recently saw him in concert and he said something that caught my attention that I just had to grab my iPhone and jot it down.  It's a very simple line that I'm sure I've heard before in some different kind of way.  But I think that we can all relate.  We hear something and whatever that may be...in a certain time in our lives...it makes sense.  

Sometimes you just gotta follow the road just to see where it leads...

That seems to be where I am at right now.  As I make this leap into the photography world full time.  I'm following the road that is in front of me.  It's leading me in a new, exciting direction.  And I can't wait to see where it leads.

So as I was lying in bed tonight with all these thoughts racing thru my mind, I decided to grab my iPhone and start taking notes.  I think I grabbed my phone at least 4 times writing my "to-do list" full of ideas and things I need to accomplish to help make my goals happen.  I still couldn't sleep and felt the urge to blog.  So I got up, threw on my sweats, grabbed a cold Pepsi, and took out my laptop.  
I'm so excited for all the things to come.  I can't wait to unveil my new logo (which some of you may have seen on my latest slideshow), to finally be able to show off my new blog, and hopefully launch my new website soon.  And yes, I will also be working on a lot of the ideas I've had lately.
I owe a lot of credit to my family and friends....some of my biggest fans and supporters.  ;)  I feel lucky.  A little lost to be honest...but very lucky.  To be able to start my own business based on something that I love and have a passion for with some of the best people to fall back on when or if I fail.  I know there will be some type of failure along the way, but I also know that with that failure I will learn and grow.  With all of my business experiences throughout the years, I know that sometimes we need to fail, to make ourselves better.  Better in our profession.  Better as a person.  Better as a whole.

It's all about putting in the time and finding your strengths and when you screw up, you start over.     --Royal Pains

Love that quote!  It's perfect!

Now have a cold one on me...  ;)


Cheers!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Amee - You are going to do awesome! You have an amazing talent for taking pictures & capturing the moment. Good Luck! I can't wait to see your new logo & new blog! Next time you are in TX we will have to hire you to take pictures of our family.

amee sorensen said...

Thanks so much Heather!!
And I would love to take pictures of your family!! You certainly have a cute one!

Cindy Ardis said...

I'm with Heather. You are going to do great. With your personality and photo style and love for what you are doing you are in for a wonderful ride. It may get rough at times but anything worth while won't set you back to long. I'm very excited for, you have found your passion or calling whatever you want to call it, no wonder you can't sleep.

Kristine said...

I would say that you have a natural gift for photography, but that would kind of be an insult. You have a true passion for it and with your hard work and natural talent combined you have a pretty amazing future ahead of you. Keep up the awesome work, I know you'll make it big.

Tanya said...

You saw Collin Raye!! You know he kissed me once! ;)

Tanya said...

Oh! Plus maybe drinking Pepsi in the middle of the night isn't the best thing for your sleep habits. hee hee

amee sorensen said...

Thanks everybody! ;)

And Tanya...for the recorded I started drinking the pepsi AFTER I got up. I think it actually helps me sleep! ;)

Anonymous said...

I like Pepsi.