Friday, October 16, 2009

I'M PUBLISHED!


I received an email a few months ago from The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, Louisiana asking me if they could refer me to a lot of people who inquire about photos of their plantation. They saw my blog post about my visit there and loved my photos! They get inquiries from magazines, book authors, and others writing about them and often need or want images to go with their articles and such. We've been emailing back and forth ever since. I love being able to work with them and get to know them better. (Thanks Teresa!)

Well a couple weeks after our first initial meeting over the internet, I received an email from American Way Magazine. They saw my images of The Myrtles Plantation on my blog and wanted to use a couple of them for their article on popular "haunted" places to visit and stay across the United States. Very exciting! And what a perfect month to write about it in. October! This plantation is very busy this month for obvious reasons. If you're in the area (or not in the area) go check out the 'mystery tour' this month especially! It's definitely worth it! It's sure to get you in the spirit of this month and may even make your spine tingle with the atmosphere....oh, and the stories! True stories! This plantation even made it in National Geographic's Traveler Magazine - "Stay List" that lists 150 places in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean.

I don't have hard copies yet of the magazine, but I couldn't wait to share the news any longer. This issue of American Way Magazine came out October 15th.
Here's a copy of the front page of the article. They talk about 5 places to visit that are sure to get you thinking about ghosts and 'the uninvited'....


Here's my photo....I call it 'my page' ;).....with one of my favorite images from the day I spent there at this amazing plantation!

If you want to see the whole article, you can check it out here.

Happy October everybody!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Amee - that is so awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am so so so proud!!! What an awesome photo too. You go girl!

Tanya said...

Cool! Is your name in the magazine giving you credit?

amee sorensen said...

Thanks everybody! And yep! Credit is given!

Christy said...

How cool is that! That's amazing! Good job Amee!

The Amayesings said...

Woo HOO!!! SOOOOO exciting! Congrats! I went to my first-ever photography workshop this weekend and have such a GREATER appreciation of the art. Way to go!!