Tuesday, October 13, 2009

OKTOBERFEST AT SNOWBIRD


Ski Utah! That's pretty much the slogan around here. It's even on our license plates. And yes, I do believe we have some beautiful mountains, with plenty of snow, just minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Very convenient. Those reasons are why many, many people from all over come here and ski. I'm a southern girl. I wouldn't call myself a 'skier'. Have I skied? Yes. Many times. I'm a pro at the 'bunny hill'. ;)
But what some don't know is that these ski resorts are absolutely beautiful in the summer time. With many events and things going on every week. Lots of festivals, food, and local (and non-local) artists along with fun activities for all ages. Jeff and I usually travel the 15-20 minutes to the Little Cottonwood Canyon to Snowbird a few times during the summer. Whether it's to hit the Rock and Blues Festival...actually any festival ;)...or go hike our favorite trail along the mountain side and check out the wild life from deer to chipmunks to moose. And don't forget all the crazy beautiful wild flowers. Oh yeah, and the temperature drops at least 10 degrees up here in the mountains. ;)
This time we hit Oktoberfest. A festival that happens every year here. Jeff claims he's German, so he 'felt' right at home. Little kids and even adults dressed in German clothing were seen. Booths filled with German items along with American things too. ;) German food and music everywhere.
Vivian and her friend Nadia came with us. They had fun riding a couple of the rides there. But they pretty much have fun doing anything together!
(The rides are here all summer long.)

Here's a view of some of the fun. If you can see that little white tent there in the middle, there's a mechanical bull for people to ride. Yep. A mechanical bull. On the other side of this, there's trampolines equipped with bungy straps for young kids. I still want to jump on the trampolines and show off my mad skillz. ;)

The girls first rode the ZipRider.




After that, we decided we were hungry. Ok, we were starving. So while Jeff was getting brats and German potato salad, the girls and I settled for the 'Central Gritts' deli. Jeff and I usually hit this place every time we come up here. They have THE best sandwiches. Seriously.


I know. They look like sisters....

Just havin' a little fun...




Ummm. Yeah. I just had to throw this next shot in. And yes, it's a Pepsi machine.

The girls riding the ski lift to the Alpine Slide.


Random shot. But I like it.

The Alpine Slide. I think Vivian's winning! Sorry Nadia. ;)



The tent where all the muscial artists perform. From music to dancing.

I love this place. Snowbird is definitely one of my favorite places to go in the summer.

A note to the family.
I can't wait for our family reunion! There's so much to do here and so much beauty to see. We're gonna have a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful up there. Love the pics!!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun & so beautiful! We can't wait for the reunion! YEAH!